zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

This Crazy Experiment called Life


he he he, I just like the title of this post. The real experiment will be to alter some photos I have. I'm creating a spread in an art journal that has come my way. It's not just any art journal, it's my twin sister's, and she does beautiful work. Maybe I'll get permission from her to post her pages here, so you'll see what I mean.
Her journal is entitled "Uncharted Territory", and has dreamy and romantic images with a page entitled "In the Garden of the Unfamiliar". Her artist statement says that she craves beauty.
So here's my idea. (Charlene: Spoiler Warning)
I want my spread to be dreamlike. I always dream in full color, and frequently of architectural buildings, rooms and symbolic images, and little scenes in each room. I have a lot of visual puns in my dreams. I also know that Charlene loves Waterhouse Paintings.
My husband took some photos in Venice. I'd like to use them as the backdrop for my spread entitled "Water House Dream" I'll add the images later, but first I need to alter these photos to create a dreamy feel. I like the ancient look of the photos, the colors, and the architecture, so the trick is to alter them without removing those elements.
Over the next few posts I'll try various ways to accomplish this, so stay tuned. and comments and critiques are very welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I am jazzed about watching your progress on this project. Let me just say that I really like the photo you've chosen to start with, as I find the colors and composition very appealing.

I wish there were some way to be automatically notified when you update your blog. I hope you will give the p_t list a heads up when you do. Have fun!

Cynthia

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home