zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

tins




I've been making some tins lately, here's a selection, I didn't photo all of them. I bought myself a circle maker, and it has come in very handy for this project. I've written down all the dimensions, so I now have a "recipe" for making my boxes. I purchased the tins for Specialty Bottle Company online. they are quite reasonably priced. If anyone is interested, I could give you the dimensions of all papers required for both inside and out. Just ask.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

thanks! I used modgepodge, and it worked fine. I experimented with coloring the tins first, and have found that rubbing dye based ink into the metal seems to work the best. If your tins are already a color, and you're happy with that color, just get right to the decoupage, I'd guess.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! i would love to try making some of my own. would you mind sharing where you got them?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Sure, I ordered them on line at: Specialty Bottle Company
Thanks for your comments.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home