zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Friday, April 14, 2006

Making Buttons



I've been working on my art journal. I wanted to make some letters for the name of the book on the cover. I printed out the title on a BasicGrey paper, and circle punched out each letter. I edged them with some ink, the mounted them on a glue dot. I mixed up dripped some polymer finish ("like 50 coats of varnish")on the dots (I added a bunch of plain dots too, so as not to waste the polymer mix). This morning I looked at them dry, and they're great! kind of a rounded top to each of them, and perfectly sealed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one, especially the button idea. I'll bet you couldn't wait to wake up and check the finish to see how buttony they were. They do look like buttons. Isn't it great when you find a technique that works? It's like a whole new world just opened up. Beautiful work.
Sue (work buddy)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home