zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Conjuring Spirits

These collages were inspiring by a page from an old book called Magical Circle, Seals and Characters. This page had a lot of ancient symbols, with two seals described as being necessary for spirits to appear.


I used a lot of techniques on the backgrounds, before gluing the central images. I started with gesso, randomly applied, then layered ink and acrylics, more gesso, more paint, etc. In one instance, I appled the gesso over a stencil of an old doily, let it dry, then applied more color. I stamped some images/background, watercolored some of the images, and voila :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home