zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Artifacts Journal













This is the inside cover to my artifacts journal. More detailed information about the journal is beneath the flap. I used golden acrylics and some pearlescent powder for the background, stamped and embossed the script with Jim Holtz distress powder. I used Lazertran (for the first time) to creat the butterfly person image. I then added the panel on the right with the name of the journal.
This is for a Paper Trader art journal, but instead of a round robin, participants will submit "tip-ins" and the journal maker will add them to her own journal. I'll post more as I make the book.
The second photo is another image I made using lazertron again. This time I coated mat board with stucco and distressed it with paint and inks to give it an old world look, then added the image.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The paperweight is fantastic, Cheryl.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, Wendy! I think Audrey received that one.

3:57 PM  
Blogger The Queen of Swaps said...

I love the transfer Cheryl. It's a bit 'regal' or official looking. Great job. Well Done.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home