zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Like a Bird


I have finally created a new piece. My muse has run away from home, but I decided to create something without her. This piece is based on a Leonard Cohen song. The first few lines go like this:
Like a bird
on the wire
Like a drunk
In the midnight choir
I have tried
In my way
To be free

This song has been rattling around in my head forever. This is mostly collage, some distressed painted board, stamps, ink, rub-ons, and embellishments. In my enthusiasm, I created this piece to be about 9x12, but my scanner is about 8x11.5 so I couldn't scan the entire piece. But, oh, well, you get the idea. I'm just thrilled to be creating again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boreas said...

Glad you have found sweet creative spot again. I hope you go on to create more lovely pieces soon :-) Boreas xxx

6:26 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because
it has a song."
~old Chinese proverb
I love you,
Suzabelle

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It rattles around in mine all the time as well and often sneaks out when I'm my own audience!

Bob

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home