zenspun

Musings and Meanderings My online art journal of inspiration, demonstration, perspiration, and a little art.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again



Finally, I'm going to start blogging again. Its been a virtual lifetime since my last post, so now that my life is on a new path, I'd like to get back to my art. My sister Charlene and I have decided to try using Etsy as a venue for showcasing our work together. I'll post a link as soon as we have the shop up and running. We'll call ourselves Suite Nirvana after the lovey art studio that I work in, up in the coastal redwoods of Carmel Valley. I'll post photos of that spot later as well. In the meantime, here's the first group of objects that we completed together. They're wooden cubes with wires attached, that we've painted decoupaged and finished. The papers are adorable, we found them at a local craft shop, and spent a couple of days playing with them, and sharing our ideas, then made about a half dozen. We also decorated some metal tin containers I had left from another project. I'll post photos of both. It feels so good to be back on track, and settled enough to focus on art once again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaby Bee said...

Glad you're back. These wooden cubes are amazing!
Enjoy your day and make some fab art ;-)

12:25 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Nice, Cheryl ... it must feel good to get back at it <3

12:59 PM  
Blogger bockel24 said...

Hey Cheryl, did you actually open your Etsy shop? I´d love to hear more news from you and Charlene (and the rest of the family of course).

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home